Chicham is a small remote village only 45 minutes drive for Kaza and 3 km from Kibber. Yet it remained cutoff from tourist circuit till 2017 before a bridge was constructed over a deep gorge near Kibber. This Chicham bridge, the highest suspension bridge in Asia at 4200 m is itself a sight to see. Chicham is one of highest inhabited villages in the world and is also a great place for hiking, trekking, bird watching and wildlife spotting.
There are only a handful of small family run homestays and guesthouses in the tiny village.
- COST: Between INR 1500 and INR 3500 per person per day with breakfast and dinner depending upon room & season. Discounts are applicable on longer duration stays.
- AVAILABILITY: Most rooms are available throughout the year as long as roads are open.
- FOOD: Delicious and nourishing local food is served. Some other dishes can be prepared on prior request if possible.
- TRANSPORT: 22 km by road from Kaza. Daily local bus service from Kaza bus stand as well as local taxis are available.
- Running water is not available in winters.
- Phone coverage is not 100%