Dodi Taal is a beautiful lake in the Himalayan mountain range of western Garwhal in Uttarakhand. It has 2 major approach routes from Barsu as well as Dyara Bugyal and both are equally popular with trekkers. There is a fairly large number of Himalaysn Trout fish (called Mahaseer locally) in the lake among a few other species. The whole region is full of dense beautiful forests inhabited by numerous species of flora and fauna. There is a short hiking route leading to Darwa Top which goes on further in to Yamuna valley ending at Hanuman Chatti. Darwa Top offers magnificent views of a number of snow covered Himalayan mountain peaks.
DAY 01: RISHIKESH – UTTARKASHI – BHEWRA (180kms) – 7 hours drive and 2 hours trek
DAY 02: BHEWRA – DODI TAAL( 8 hours trek)
DAY 03: DODI TAAL – DARWA TOP AND BACK ( 4-5 hours)
DAY 04: DODI TAAL – BHEWRA VILLAGE ( 8-9 hours trek)
DAY 05: BHEWRA VILAGE – RISHIKESH ( 2 hours trek and 8 hours drive)
Duration: 5 Days, 4 Nights
Best Season: April till November
Difficulty Level: Medium
Total Distance: 40 km
Maximum Elevation: Darwa Top at 3100 m
Weather: Cold nights and days during winter. Pleasant days during summer.
Getting From/To: Rishikesh is about 5 hours drive from Delhi and 1 hour drive from Haridwar railway station.
Cost: INR 12000 per person.
Day 01: RISHIKESH – UTTARKASHI – BHEWRA (180kms) – 7 hours drive and 2 hours trek
Early morning pickup from Rishikesh (or Haridwar) and drive towards Bhewra village will passing through Uttarkashi leading to Sangam Chatti. First campsite is situated on bank of Assi Ganga river and it takes about 2 hours to trek from Sangam CHatti to reach there.
Day 02: BHEWRA – DODI TAAL ( 8 hours trek)
We will start the trek towards Manhi village, a small settlement on the mountains. Most people make their living by farming on terraced farms on mountain slopes. We will trek through beautiful oak, deodar and pine tree forest to reach Dodi Taal lake.
Day 03: DODITA TO DARWA TOP AND BACK ( 4-5 hours)
We will climb up to Darwa top and spend some time in the area enjoying the views mentioned in trip introduction above. We can spend th evening there or near the lake as per preference and weather conditions.
Day 04: DODI TAAL – BHEWRA VILLAGE ( 8-9 hours trek)
We will walk back the same route taken previously to Bhewra village. It’s all downhill and comparitively easier. Night stay in village.
Day 05: BHEWRA VILAGE – RISHIKESH/HARIDWAR ( 2 hours trek and 8 hours drive)
Starting early morning, we will first trek for about 2 hours before taking the car back to Rishikesh or Haridwar.
- Small backpack to hold the day walk supplies.
- Luggage in rucksack/soft bags suitable to be carried by self or porters.
- Warm clothes, wind-cheater, scarf, hat, sun-glasses, sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes.
- Personal medical kit, water bottle, snacks.
- Toilet paper, wet wipes.
- A bag to collect own trash.
- Travel itineraries in the mountains don not necessarily run exactly as scheduled. Keep a buffer for delays due to weather, road conditions etc.
- Any additional expenses caused by delays, medical condition, road blocks and other causes will be borne by the guests.
- We recommend a comprehensive travel insurance and a medical checkup before the visit.
- This tour covers some remote destinations in Spiti which have very limited phone coverage, unpredictable weather and high altitude.
- Pickup drop from Haridwar or Rishikesh in a private or shared taxi.
- Accommodation in campsites and guest houses mentioned.
- Meals, tea and non-bottled water in campsite, Bottled water available for purchase.
- Hotel stay and meals at Rishikesh or Haridwar before and after the trip.
- Personal expenses, refreshments during road journey, alcohol.
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.