Kunjapuri is situated at an altitude of 1650 meters very near Rishikesh and provides excellent panoramic view of Himalayan mountains and valleys. It is a religious place and thousands of devotees visit during Navrataras and Dusshera. For tourists, it’s an excellent place to see sunrise and sunset over the Himalayan mountain peaks.
Best For: People who want to enjoy a short, easy hike near Rishikesh
Pickup drop from Rishikesh and hike to Kunjapuri peak in morning,
DURATION: 1 day
BEST SEASON: All year
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Low
MAXIMUM ELEVATION: 1650 meters
WEATHER: Warm afternoons during summer. Cool to cold weather at other times.
The car or bike will pick you up at 4:00 am to 5:00 am and take you to Kunjapuri (26 km). We will then hike till sunrise point and enjoy view as the sun comes up from behind the mountains. After sunrise, hike to Kunjapuri temple and have a light breakfast. After this, we will walk back to Rishikesh through a small but scenic route, around 13 km long. We can also drive back if so preferred. We’ll reach Laxman Jhula to end the hike.
- Small backpack to hold the day walk necessities.
- Warm clothes, wind-cheater, scarf, hat, sun-glasses, sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes.
- Personal medical kit, water bottle, snacks.
- Travel itineraries in the mountains don not necessarily run exactly as scheduled. Keep a buffer for delays due to weather, road conditions etc.
- Any additional expenses caused by delays, medical condition, road blocks and other causes will be borne by the guests.
- We recommend a comprehensive travel insurance and a medical checkup before the visit.
- Pickup and drop from Rishikesh in a private or shared taxi or bike.
- Light breakfast, tea.
- Hotel stay at Rishikesh before and after the trip.
- Personal expenses, refreshments during road journey, alcohol.
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.