Bugyal is the local word for a grass covered highland pasture region and this region of Uttarkhand boasts of many scenic Bugyals. Dayara Bugyal is famous for it’s scenic beauty, gentle slopes suitable for skiing. It’s a popular skiing destination during winter season of January to March. For rest of the year, Dyara Bugyal offers an easy yet highly reqarding trek for nature lovers. The trekkers get to see clear panoramic views of the important Gangotri range, origin of river Ganga. The trek route passes through scenic forests full of trees, plants, animals and birds of hundreds of different species and offers magnificent views of snow covered Himalayan mountain peaks all around. The trek gives you the opportunity to visit one of the best bugyals in Uttarakhand.
- DAY 01 : Dehradun – Barsu (Drive 5-6 hours) – Barsu Campsite (1 hour Trek)
- DAY 02 : Barsu – Dayara Bugyal (4-5 hours Trek)
- DAY 03 : Rest and local sightseeing
- DAY 04 : Dayara Bugyal – Barsu hike(3 hours) – Dehraun (Drive 5-6 hours)
Duration: 3 Days | 2 Nights
Best Season: April till October.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Maximum Elevation: 3048 m at Dayara Bugyal
Weather: Cold nights and days during winter. Pleasant days during summer
Getting from/To: Rishikesh is about 5 hours drive from Delhi and 1 hour drive from Haridwar railway station.
TREK ITINERARY :
Day 01 : HARIDWAR/RISHIKESH – BARSU (2200 m) Drive of 220 kms, 6-7 hours)
After pickup in morning, we drive towards Barsu through a few small towns like Uttarkashi, Bhatwari and a few others. We will stay in a campsite, about 2-3 kms above the village (or in a small guest house in Barsu). It’s good place to spot many different types of birds.
Day 02 : BARSU – BARNALA BUGYAL – DAYARA BUGYAL
The trek to Dayara Bugyal passes through another picturesque bugyal call Barnala Bugyal. Once we pass the tree line, the views change to a majestic one of snow covered peaks in distance everywhere. After walking for about 6 hours, we reach Dayara and setup camp. Spend some time exploring nearby places like Gidara Bugyal and Assi Ganga Valley.
Day 03 : DAYARA BUGYAL – BARSU – RISHIKESH
After breakfast, we walk towards Barsu and drive back towards Rishikesh or Hairdwar for drop.
COST: INR 11000 per person.
PACKING LIST :
- Small backpack to hold the day necessities.
- Luggage in rucksack/soft bags suitable to be carried by self or porters.
- Warm clothes, wind-cheater, scarf, hat, sun-glasses, sunscreen, comfortable walking shoes.
- Personal medical kit, water bottle, snacks.
- Toilet paper, wet wipes.
- A bag to collect own trash.
GENERAL INFORMATION :
- Travel itineraries in the mountains don not necessarily run exactly as scheduled. Keep a buffer for delays due to weather, road conditions etc.
- Any additional expenses caused by delays, medical condition, road blocks and other causes will be borne by the guests.
- We recommend a comprehensive travel insurance and a medical checkup before the visit.
- This tour covers some remote destinations in Spiti which have very limited phone coverage, unpredictable weather and high altitude.
- Pickup drop from Haridwar or Rishikesh in a private or shared taxi.
- Accommodation in campsites and guest houses mentioned.
- Meals, tea and non-bottled water in campsite, Bottled water available for purchase.
- Hotel stay and meals at Rishikesh or Haridwar before and after the trip.
- Personal expenses, refreshments during road journey, alcohol.
- Anything not mentioned explicitly in the above program.